Thursday, August 17, 2006

Georgia on my mind...

Thursday, August 17, 2006
As anyone who ever reads this blog knows, I recently moved to Atlanta...Hot-lanta if you will. One thing I've learned is that nobody calls it "The ATL"...that's only on TV apparently. Other than being so far away from friends and loved ones, we really like it here. It's hot and humid, but it's not unbearable. The scenery here is really pretty compared to Kansas. There are so many trees and hills. I work on the 14th floor of my building and there is a really nice view of the mountains off in the distance. The traffic is as horrible as I had heard, but since I knew what to expect I think maybe it's not so bad. There is a lot of stop and go driving on the freeway, but as long as there aren't any wrecks I can make it to work in about 30-35 minutes. The hours are longer here...I'm not getting home until around 7 most nights, and (like tonight) I have to log in and do a little work from home from time to time. It's not my favorite arrangement, but all in all it's not bad. The boys started school this week and they are both doing really well. Nicky was so excited to start Kindegarten...Conner's not quite as fired up about 2nd grade. They're both making lots of friends though so we're glad about that. Well, gotta get back to work...I'll write more later.

2 comments:

Candice

I heard, like, twelve people call it "ATL" when I was up there. You must not be hanging out with the cool Atlantans who know that the abbreviation is cooler than just saying Atlanta. ;-)

How is everybody? Everyone down here is doing well. Olivia just took her Casas (Or however you would like to spell that) test and will start GED pre-testing next week. She's exciting about that. Mainly because she'll graduate before this really snooty girl at work and she can't wait to rub it in. Autumn's fine, Mom's fine, Dad's fine. I haven't talked to Justin or Sarah lately (You probably have, though), but I assume that they're well, too. Amanda and Jason are doing good; so are the girls. And I'm pretty good, too. We all miss you guys, though. I've never anticipated Christmas more than I do now. Oh, by the way...Just because you're in a different state, you are not exempt from giving Candice a birthday present. No siree, Bob. I don't know when you're coming down, so if you're not going to be in town, I would not mind recieving a package in the mail. In fact, I rather enjoy getting packages. If you're too cheap for first class Fed-Ex (We wouldn't want the gift to be hurt in shipping, would we?), I will accept two Christmas presents (Or one exceptionally expensive gift) in my birthday present's stead. If you choose the latter option, I do except some sort of compensation for the ten days I went without a gift. Perhaps an extra twenty slipped into my stocking would do.

Love you!

--Candice

(Oh, by the way, tell Regina to go to mommyslittlemonkey.com. They sell those nursing cover thingys that she was talking about at the Aquarium.)

T-Bone

Hey Candice...sorry it's taking me so long to respond. We're all doing fine. I'm on the road this week in Boston. Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Tell mom and dad I'll call them when I get back into town...I'm sure we'll figure out some reasonable solution for getting your presents to you. I'll put pencil to paper on that problem and see what I can come up with.

Post a Comment

 
T-Bone's World ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates