Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Jimmy Fallon's first night

Wednesday, March 04, 2009
If you didn't get a chance to check out Jimmy Fallon's first night as Conan O'Brien's replacement as Late Night host, you should go back and check it out on Hulu when you get a few minutes. He seemed a little nervous and there were a few rough spots but all in all I thought it was a pretty good first outing. My favorite bit of the night was Slow Jam the News. I really hope this becomes a recurring bit because I thought it was hilarious. On another note, I don't really know how he convinced The Roots to be his house band but there they were...Black Thought, ?uest Love and ?uest Love's afro in all their glory. Regardless of what you think about rap or hip-hop music...these guys are a tight band and they're going to be fun to watch every night. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Jimmy Fallon can do with this show over the next couple of months.


3 comments:

Being Robinson

i'm torn on whether or not i'm prepared to watch this, because it will either solidify my un-dying love for jimmy fallon or make me hate him. i shall tivo soon, but i'll let you be the test monkey for the first week.

jgsteeler

I liked his dance off last night. Very impressive white boy moves.

T-Bone

I didn't see the dance off, but I do think that he's going to be fine. He's a funny guy and I always liked him on SNL. I don't think the show will make you hate him but maybe give him a couple of weeks to settle in just to be safe and then check it out.

Post a Comment

 
T-Bone's World ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates