Thursday, May 18, 2006

some random thoughts

Thursday, May 18, 2006
First of all...there's a new baby at our house. It's so awesome, I forgot how incredible they are. If you don't have one, you need to get one...go ahead...I'll wait. It will literally take your breath away the first time you hold him/her. Ours is a girl. Rather than put up my own pics you can see them here...http://www.xanga.com/justcallmemaya. When I was watching the nurse clean her up I was just thinking "I can't believe you can make these things at home" like she was a kit that I bought at Hobby Lobby or something. Anyway, she is amazing...

2nd, I had kind of a profound thought today when I was having lunch with my son at his school. I was sitting at the table with him and all of his little friends when I noticed a kid sitting all alone at a table across the cafeteria. I asked Conner why that little boy was sitting all by himself. He said "That's Sammy. He hits people". The kid sitting across from me chimed in "He screams too". Even though it's really sad that this little boy has to eat all by himself, in the end it boils down to a basic truth that can be applied in most situations that our world faces today. Here it is...If you scream and hit people you have to eat by yourself. Think about how much better our world would be if people would just stop screaming and hitting people. It's a simple concept kids...Think Globally, Act Locally.

Thirdly, I came across something that at first glance was so nasty I couldn't believe I was seeing it. I'm going to show you two screen shots from the MSN web page. The first I have titled Nasty.jpg (for obvious reasons). You will notice the area in the lower left hand corner that has been circled in red. The combination of the visible portion of the picture and the tagline "Escape to the Beach" were what caught my eye. Take a careful look at picture one and tell me it's not the nastiest thing you've ever seen. Then scroll down and look at picture number 2, which is what was visible on the web page once you scrolled down a bit. In the end, it turns out to be a horrible misinterpretation of a partial image. That being said, it would behoove the folks at MSN to pay a little more attention to things like screen size and resolution and how things will look if you can only see half of the picture.

Picture one (click to enlarge)



Picture 2 (Click to enlarge)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
T-Bone's World ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates