Thursday, January 29, 2009

It's a new year...

Thursday, January 29, 2009
Hey blog...how's it going? Oh, what you're not talking to me anymore? Just because I haven't posted anything on you since August?? Listen...it's not like we're married. I mean I've been really busy. Work has been crazy and I was out of town for like 3 weeks. To be honest I've been spending a lot of time with Facebook. Don't look at me like that. You're so judgmental. Why would I want to spend time with Facebook? Seriously? You're gonna make me say it? Ok... A) it's way less complicated than you and 2) like everybody I know is on it. If I post something out there...I know that it's going to hit at least 200 eyeballs. I mean, the stuff I used to post on you got like 15 or 20 page views...a month. You didn't know I could track stuff like that did you? It's a little thing called Google Analytics...look it up on Yahoo sometime. Oh I know all sorts of things about you my digital weblog friend. All sorts of things indeed. But that's not what this is about. I didn't come here to pick a fight. I know things have been weird between us and I want that to change. I really sort of miss you. I'd like us to start spending some more time together. Maybe not every day...maybe just a couple of times a week. Is that cool? Let's just take it slow and see what happens. Yes, I'm still going to be spending time with Facebook but you don't need to be threatened by that. I promise I'll do better about posting on you and not neglecting you for months at a time. Ok? I'm really glad we had this talk. I even got you something...a brand new theme. Pretty sharp right? I hope you like it and I'll talk to you again soon.

6 comments:

Being Robinson

I think your blog hearts you again Crafton! The new theme is excellent! Those little blogs aren't as sneaky as they think they are.... google analytics indeed. Smarter than the blog.

Being Robinson

OMG and I LOVE that you have a category for Death Cab, you are officially the coolest ex-baptist kid I know, besdies myself of course ;) That is if your an ex-baptist, ummmm if not... disregard...... chirp........

Being Robinson

Okay I realize I'm hogging your 'comments' secion here, making myself appear kinda crazy, which lets be honest, totally am. Anyway, I realized I'm going to end up spending hours going back and reading your old posts, good stuff... does that make me crazy?

T-Bone

Thanks - I did the header in paint.net (which is a pretty good free Photoshop knockoff).

I guess I would say I am an ex-Baptist. I suppose since I feel burning anger and bile rising in my throat every time I drive by a Baptist church that's as good an indication as any, right? Not that it's a good thing necessarily but I suppose it's my issue to deal with. It's nice to know that I'm cool regardless of whichever denominational bucket I happen to find myself in :-)

Feel free to hog the comments as much as you'd like. As you can see, there's plenty o' room! I hope you like the old stuff. Comment away!

Being Robinson

HAHA, we are in the same boat my friend, on the denomination thing, to each his own, but my personal preference.... well I imagine we feel the same on Baptist ;)

And thanks about the masthead/header... I design all my own mastheads, I'm going to try to change them every month to add another unique aspect to my blog! I heart designing!

Being Robinson

OMG AGAIN! I just noticed your Top 10! I'm loving it, Okkervil and Bon Iver, Split Lip sweet. I approve. Heartily.

Post a Comment

 
T-Bone's World ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates