Wednesday, March 26, 2008

T-Bone's Short Stack

Wednesday, March 26, 2008
I've decided to start another new feature here in T-Bone's world. Hopefully it lasts longer than my last one, the ill fated Movie Minute. I think I reviewed exactly one movie before I got bored with that and decided it was too hard to write those things. Anyway, this should be a lot easier because it's basically me telling you what music you should listen to. I might even throw in a few movie recommendations but it's up to you to see them because frankly I'm tired of doing all the work. It's time for you people to start pulling your weight here in my little corner of the blogosphere. And that means dropping me a comment once in a while. I work in corporate tax for crying out loud...I need the interaction. Throw me a freaking bone here.

So the way this will work is once a week (or month whichever I decide I can keep up with) I will tell you about 3 or 4 bands that I think you need to know about. If I can link to a Youtube clip I will (because I am that lazy). If not, then you can seek them out on iTunes or your music engine of choice. If you like what you hear (or even if you don't), let me know. I may reward you with a prize. This will most likely be a home made craft of some type which is certain to increase in value through the years, like a limited edition coin from the Franklin Mint.

So without further ado...I give you the Short Stack for March 26th, 2008.

1. The Nadas - I just found out about these guys from a great podcast that I listen to called Filmspotting. I downloaded their record a couple of days ago and I really dig it. Track # 1 is my favorite.

2. The Hold Steady - My buddy Nate told me about these guys a few months back and they are now my go to CD when I'm bored with everything else on my Zune. Very tasty. Plus their keyboard player is proudly rocking a full on mouthbrow.



3. The National - Their album "Boxer" has been named as album of the year by multiple publications including Paste magazine. I listened to this for a good part of the drive from Atlanta to Wichita over Christmas and I still haven't gotten tired of it.



Enjoy...and please feel free to let me know what you think. Comments are always appreciated.


1 comments:

Anonymous

bone (thats what I call you now, it's quicker than "t-bone" and it sounds cooler) I approve those bands. Not a big deal, but go ahead and shoot me a quick email before you go suggesting bands, mmmkay? just trying to save us both a headache. Jdub

Post a Comment

 
T-Bone's World ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates