Thursday, January 25, 2007

More great covers...

Thursday, January 25, 2007
After my post earlier this week about cover songs I started thinking about other songs that I would put on the list of my favorites. Here is an expanded list in no particular order:

1. The Fugees - Killing Me Softly (Roberta Flack)
2. Nirvana - Man Who Sold the World (David Bowie)
3. Dave Matthews - All Along The Watchtower (Bob Dylan/Jimi Hendrix) - Dylan wrote it, Hendrix immortalized it
4. Matchbox 20 - Time After Time (Cyndi Lauper) Incidentally, I saw them perform this live and it was one of the best live songs I've ever heard.
5. Cake - I will Survive (Gloria Gainer)
6. DJ Sammy - Heaven (Bryan Adams)
7. Chris Cornell - Billie Jean (Michael Jackson) - For what it's worth, this is probably the best/most interesting cover I've heard in years.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
T-Bone's World ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates