Wednesday, September 13, 2006

confession

Wednesday, September 13, 2006
I have a confession to make. This won't mean much to some people, but I feel like I 've been living a lie and I have to unburden myself. I can't keep this inside any more. This is difficult for me to say because I've been hiding for so long now, I almost don't remember what it was like before I started lying. ok...here goes. I never liked Nirvana. I finally decided that I couldn't keep up the facade anymore when I was driving home this week and heard "All Apologies" for about the 9th time this week and I just snapped. They're lyrics are nonsense, sonically they were marginally creative at best. The best thing about Nirvana is that they gave Dave Grohl a band to play in until he formed the Foo Fighters (which are 10 times the band that Nirvana was). Even among the Seattle "grunge" scene of the early 90's Pearl Jam and Soundgarden were far superior in my mind. I'm sorry if this disappoints you, I never meant to hurt anyone. I know I'm supposed to like Nirvana and think that Kurt Cobain was some kind of revolutionary Rock and Roll Messiah who burned out too soon. I just never saw it. I hope we can still be friends.

*******EDIT***********
I need to make a few clarifications to this post - I'm not saying that Nirvana didn't have any positive affect on the musical landscape. I'm just saying that my favorite song that they ever did was a cover of a David Bowie Song ("The Man Who Sold the World") and not even one of their own. The best thing I can attribute to them is that they more or less ended the Hair Metal phase of the late 80's/early 90's. It had basically congealed into a lump of vodka and Aqua-Net and was likely circling the drain anyway, but if anything Nirvana put it and us out of our collective misery. I'm just.....soooo.....sick....of....hearing....them....on....the....radio. They served their purpose....but it's time to move on.

1 comments:

Anonymous

You broke my heart Fredo. I've heard some foolish things in my day but that might just be the cream of the crop. I think that you've just had a hard day at work and maybe are on a combo of painkillers and hard liquor. We all have times in our lives when we don't think clearly and say things we don't mean. I trust thats whats happened here. Do us both a favor. go ahead and walk over to your Cd player and throw in Nirvana unplugged. Listen to "Jesus doesnt want me for a sunbeam" ,"lithium" and "something in the way" and then tell me you don't like errrr! LOVE nirvana. In fact I do believe I'm going to play that Cd right now and hopefully our spirits will connect and you will come to your senses. by the way this is xjdubx, it won't let me log in

Post a Comment

 
T-Bone's World ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates