Sunday, August 07, 2005

I'm so sore...

Sunday, August 07, 2005
I helped put a sprinkler system in my yard this weekend. I can tell you two things about the experience. First, installing a sprinkler system isn't complicated but it is without a doubt the hardest I have ever worked in my life. Second, you can measure the closeness of your friendships by how those friends react when faced with incredibly hard work that has no immediate benefit to themselves. My friend Curtis, who runs his own sprinkler installation business, spent the entire day with me, his brother Chris and my brother Justin installing a sprinkler system at my house. We worked for about 11 hours on this project. Not once during the entire day did any of these guys complain or act like they didn't want to be there. They did it just because I asked them to and because they all know that I would do the same for them. I have been blessed with some of the most giving friends imaginable and I thank God for them and the closeness we share. Even though I feel like I've been hit by a bus, yesterday was one of my best days ever.

1 comments:

T-Bone

true dat - having a pool would have improved the day in 3 aspects 1) we wouldn't have had to leave in the middle of the day to go to Chris' house 2) it would have been less yard to cover with sprinkler heads and thus less digging and 3)it would have been rad to get our party on either in or around a sweet swimming pool

Post a Comment

 
T-Bone's World ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates