Thursday, April 02, 2009

Such Great Heights...

Thursday, April 02, 2009
Not that anybody really needs another reason to dig David Bazan but if you're looking for one here it is...him singing backup for Ben Gibbard on "Such Great Heights". I got to see this tour a couple of years ago and yes, it was amazing, thanks for asking. I've probably talked about this before because I've really only got like 3 or 4 cool stories that I just keep recycling. Me driving to Nashville to watch David Bazan open for Ben Gibbard is one of those stories. And yes, I am also aware that my blog has been a little Bazan heavy over the past week or so. Will I be changing that any time soon? I don't know...probably not as long as he continues to be the most awesome thing I have to write about. You've got your Jonas Brothers...I've got my David Bazan, mmmkay?




2 comments:

Being Robinson

I would like to think you posted this just for me. This made my friday worth living. I heart it. I am in love.... I am convinced I HAVE to make that Death Cab concert happen. I just don't have anyone to go with :( boo. I'm like a lone music nerd in my world. So what is the fourth cool story... question mark. Oh and you might wanna stop by the blog today and take note of the hot picture of the Gibsons from the late 80s... it's a MUST SEE!

T-Bone

Well, even though Google Analytics tells me that you aren't the only one reading my blog, you are pretty much the only one who ever comments so that sort of makes you my target demographic.

As far as the DCFC show goes, I guess I would just say that there are some journeys that must be taken alone. Like Frodo taking the one ring to be destroyed in the fires of Mount Doom. And yes, I did just drop a little Lord of the Rings science on you. My nerd cred is flawless and my tiger style will defeat your crane style any day of the week so don't front haters.

The fourth cool story is that one time I saw MC Hammer walking all alone through the Atlanta airport in a pure white suit. No entourage...just himself. He was actually glowing. I might have been a little buzzed from the G&Ts at the airport bar, but I'm like 96% sure it was him.

One more thing, those pictures rocked. Your dad is an icon...the whole thing made me smile out loud.

Post a Comment

 
T-Bone's World ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates