Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Britney Spears, Secrets, etc

Tuesday, May 31, 2005
1. Ok, I've been thinking about what I was going to write all day but I just came across something online that trumped it. You need to check out postsecret.blogspot.com. It is absolutely amazing - I can't even really explain it - just go see it for youreself.

2. Alright, back to our regularly scheduled program. I've been thinking a lot about Britney Spears lately. I know what you're thinking. Seriously...you're better than that, ok? Try to stay with me here. Anyway, she's got this unspeakably bad new "reality" show right? No, I haven't seen it, but I would comfortably wager a day's pay that it is, in fact, unspeakably bad. Anyway, I keep seeing this quote from her that says "Can you handle my truth?". This is such a tritely pathetic little stab at some sort of post-modern, relativist chic worldview, it makes my hair hurt. Despite the fact that, coming from her, it sounds about as philosphical as whoopie cushion, I do think it belies a certain truth about our culture. Everybody is looking for the truth. Even the ones who will tell you that there is no such thing as the truth are still looking for it on some level. They're lying to themselves and you when they say otherwise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
T-Bone's World ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates